I have to admit I have never made oatmeal cookies before, kind of shocking.
I opted for McCann’s Irish Oatmeal for the cookies and they are amazing.
Irish Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/4 cups softened butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
3 cups McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
3/4 cup raisins.*
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
* In the future I will add a full cup of raisins as I felt there weren’t enough to go around with only 3/4 cup.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Stir in McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal, raisins and walnuts.
5. Drop rounded teaspoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire cooling rack.